Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28488 - /libs/gui/branches/testplant_1/

From: Doug Simons
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28488 - /libs/gui/branches/testplant_1/
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:01:49 -0600

Hi, sorry if I'm not following protocol. These are my first direct commits. I entered a log message on each change, but I guess that doesn't automatically go to the ChangeLog. How should I go about entering information in the ChangeLog?

As for the purpose of the branch: We need a known version that we have verified works for us, for our production builds. We would like to be using the tip of the trunk, in order to get recent fixes, but some of the recent commits have broken things for us. Until we have time to track those down and get them corrected, we need a place to add some of our own fixes based on a version that is stable for us.

We will also try to build from the trunk when we have a chance during our development, and find, report, or fix any issues we run into. But we've found that the tip is too risky (understandably!) for deployment builds.

Hopefully, our fixes can be merged into the trunk, and we can jump our branch ahead (or create new branches, I guess) to later points along the trunk periodically, when we are able to verify a version that works for us.

--
Doug Simons

Principal Developer
TestPlant

TestPlant Inc T    +1 720-890-0211 ext 13
4730 Walnut Street F    +1 720-890-0209
Boulder, CO 80301 address@hidden
USA
http://www.testplant.com

This email and any attachments may contain privileged / confidential information. If you have received this email in error
or believe that you are not the intended recipient, please delete all content and attached files and contact TestPlant via
the switchboard on +1 720-890-0211 or via return e-mail. You should not copy, forward or use any part of the
contents in any way. Any such unauthorised use or disclosure may be unlawful.