Re: When should an NSDocument stop being an NSWindow's delegate?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: When should an NSDocument stop being an NSWindow's delegate?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:27:50 +0000

On 25 Oct 2009, at 22:19, David Chisnall wrote:

Presumably the question of ownership arises for the purpose of removing retain cycles. I'd expect, therefore, that the solution would be to use one of the spare flags in the class to indicate whether it owned the window, and to remove it if it did. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work (or, didn't when I tried it; possibly I missed something).

I did miss something. The window that was set as the delegate is not causing problems, but some other window is. This appears to be the window containing the app's menu. I'm not sure why this would have inherited the delegate from the other window though. It seems to be related to some recent changes in handling the closure of the last window in document-driven apps.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1