Re: [flame] NEWS file is useless

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [flame] NEWS file is useless
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:21:20 +0100

Hi,

I agree with Nicola here ... it's very, very far from being a waste of space
... people do need to be able to see the changes made to the code.
So your suggestion of having a script make a ChangeLog automatically from the
svn logs makes a *lot* of sense.

WasteOfSpace? I think that is the last of our problems.

Also, one interesting point: can I correct a svn commit message?
It happens that I write wrong information or that I find a better way to explain it. With the ChangeLog it is easy... I commit a new improved version.
What would you do with svn?

Also, A ChangeLog is easy to search. When something breaks I grep in the changelog. Old habits.

Riccardo