Initializing corebase

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: Initializing corebase
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:51:53 -0500

I've been, slowly, working towards getting an implementation of CFRuntime for corebase.  At this point, I've got most of it done (some debugging still need to happen), but I can't seem to get the initialization correct.  I'm using the __attribute__((constructor)) feature to get everything setup as it should, and the problem I run into is that I have to call an objc method from this function.  Problem here, is that when the method is called the objc classes are still not loaded and the runtime can't find the class I'm looking for.  I'm trying to call [NSCFType class] (NSCFType is declared in CFRuntime.m) in order to setup the runtime table that links CF classes with ObjC classes, but that doesn't work since the class is still not registered when the method is called.

Any suggestions on how to work around this?

Thanks