Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:45:02 +0100

Hi Fred,

Le 26 mars 2010 à 20:55, Fred Kiefer a écrit :

Before FOSDEM we were planing a coordinated release of the GNUstep core
components. In the meantime a lot has happened. Base was completely
rewritten, or so it seems from the outside and gui had to play catch up.
Then I toyed around with the NIB loading and broke a few things.
Now things are rather stable again and we should come back to our
original plan. For gui this would be an intermediate release not the 1.0
release I am hoping to see later this year.
What still needs to be done in gui is finishing the switch to #import,
moving on to non fragile ivars will happen later. I first want to see
the results base gets with its approach to that topic.

Adam, could you once more take up the task of releasing GNUstep? We
should give it another week or two so that people can complain about
existing bugs that need to be fixed before the release.

The bug I really want to fix is #27782
I worked on a better patch before the FOSDEM and was planning to submit it this month, but I got sidetracked.
Looks like I have to hurry a bit now.

Quentin.