Re: inconsistency exception with Grr on Linux/MIPS

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: inconsistency exception with Grr on Linux/MIPS
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 08:37:33 +0200

Am 02.05.2010 23:46, schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
> Hi,
>> I tried to look at the code to understand where the assertion comes
>> from, but failed to understand where the Article objects actually get
>> created. It really would help, if you could send a back trace.
>>
>> Most likely the whole problem comes from a corrupt file. Have you tried
>> moving all your stored articles away
>>
> Fred, I did not try, but I was wrong. Somehow the original files are not
> compatible on some platforms anymore. I follow the same feeds on my
> computers, so the articles are the same.
>
> On the small Letux, removing the articles database made the application
> start again. Subscribing to a feed, reading articles, reopening the
> application works. Something in base changed perhaps, since there were
> no Grr changes in the last month. Anyway, since it is coherent with
> itself, it is fine.
>
> On Sparc the application starts again too after removing defaults and
> articles DB, however other bugs show up which I report separately.

Great that this was so simple to resolve.

Do I understand this correctly? You tried to load the old file
previously created on the same platform and now you cannot load them on
the Letux, but they still work on other platforms. Or is this broken on
all platforms. And how about the exchange between different platforms.
Did this use to work and is it now working?
What is your on disk format? In which class may I find it? Sorry, but
with the separate RSSKit this project is a bit confusing to me. Does the
on disk format contain binary data like int or float and how are they
written/read?