Re: Next GNUstep release?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep release?
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 00:51:36 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Thank you for the bug report. For me this isn't a show stopper for the next
GNUstep release. It only affects Windows and mostly the WinUX theme. It may be
a show stopper for that theme, but we already decided not to make it the
default theme on Windows.

Agreed, that theme should not be a showstopper, but the standard theme should work on windows as much as possible.
> From my side the only know open issue is still the Gorm segmentation fault I
get from time to time. As Greg seems to be unable to reproduce this, we should go
ahead with the release despite of this problem. For GUI the current feature freeze
is really hindering development.
Does anybody disagree with that?

No, but Greg should have the last word.
Adam, do you think you could do the release this week?

I'd very like the issue about NSToolbar crashing on SPARC being investigated abit, now that I have proven that it reproduces with the ToolbarExample and not only with Grr.

Of course fixing the search field in the toolbar would be also very nice.

Riccardo