Re: planned bugfix release of base

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: planned bugfix release of base
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:55:34 +0200

Hi,

I was going to write that everything was okay, but you already did a release!
I tried some BSD's platforms and Hurd.

I also tried compiling on gcc 2.95 by enabling the string class substitution manually and everything seems fine.

Thanks for the good work,
  Riccardo
I'd like to do a bugfix release of base (1.20.1) from the stable branch this
coming weekend.

This would be essentially the same as svn trunk (I guess I'd make an unstable
bugfix release of 1.21.1 too), consisting of all the bugfixes and optimisations
since 1.20.0 along with new timezone data, improvements to timezone detection,
and a change to install gdomap without the setuid bit set by default, and a
configure change to require the compiler to support using the NSConstantString
class from base rather than NXConstantString from the runtime (unless
explicitly configured otherwise).

It would be nice if people could check this out in case any problem has been
introduced (I hope not).