Re: gsweb WebServerResources

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: gsweb WebServerResources
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:54:51 +0100

On 18 Jun 2010, at 16:30, Elim Qiu wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how img, js, css be compiled into
Resources/WebServer dir.

In GNUmakefile, list images etc like

PROJName_WEBSERVER_RESOURCE_FILES = 1.gif 2.png ...

is not practically maintainable for large proj

So I put all images in WebServerResources/img

and set

PROJName_WEBSERVER_RESOURCE_FILES = img js css

DIRS img, js, css are correctly copied into
..gswa/Resources/WebServer

Just a short comment -

PROJName_WEBSERVER_RESOURCE_FILES = 1.gif

will install 1.gif into

/home/elim/Projects/gnustep/gw/wopack/WOPack.gswa/Resources/ WebServer/1.gif

while having 1.gif inside an img directory, and using

PROJName_WEBSERVER_RESOURCE_FILES = img

will install 1.gif into

/home/elim/Projects/gnustep/gw/wopack/WOPack.gswa/Resources/ WebServer/img/1.gif

The paths are different.

I'm not sure how gnustep-web finds these resources, but you'd need to make sure it can
find the images in the subdirectory ;-)

Thanks