Re: NSLocale

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSLocale
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:45:27 +0100

On 24 Jun 2010, at 02:49, Stef Bidi wrote:

> I remember a while back there was some discussion about implementing NSLocale
> using libicu.  Well, I was bored at work yesterday and slapped something
> together.  Right now, it's pretty messy and incomplete, but it's a good
> start.  I wasn't really sure how to implement certain things so I either
> didn't or just half-assed it.
>
> I'm including the files instead of a patch because there's some autoconf
> voodoo that needs to happen and I'm not very familiar with it.

Thanks ... I've added that, documented the API, and added configure stuff to
check for ICU version 4 or greater (since your code seems to need that version).
I haven't actually built/used the code though ... none of the systems I have
access to has ICU version 4 (they all come with version 3.?) ... so I guess
this code is mostly for people who are able/willing to build/install a recent
ICU from source rather than using the package from their distribution?