Is typing in Japanese supported?

From: Doug Simons
Subject: Is typing in Japanese supported?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:39:19 -0600

Hello,

I have a quick sanity question I hope someone can answer for me: Is typing in Japanese something that I should expect to "just work" in a GNUstep application?

Specifically, we have a customer who is having trouble typing in Japanese in our GS app on a Windows system. Before we dig too deeply into troubleshooting it would be nice to know whether this ought to work on Windows. If so, then we'll have to try to figure out what configuration settings may need to be tweaked or whatever to get it working. If not, then at least we'll know and won't waste time beating our heads against the wall... :-)

I have no clue about how typing in Japanese is done, or what settings may be relevant, so if you have any pointers that would be appreciated, but even a simple "yes it should work" (or "no it won't") at this point would be helpful.

Thanks!

Doug