Re: native objc-exception detection

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: native objc-exception detection
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:28:14 +0100

Thanks for this report ... please try again from trunk.

Thanks

On 6 Sep 2010, at 23:32, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

Hi,

when using latest make/base, when I configure make, I get:

checking for the flag to link libobjc... -lobjc
checking whether objc has thread support... yes: -pthread
checking whether we should use native ObjC exceptions... yes
checking whether we should use the nonfragile ABI... not requested by user
checking for the GCC version... version: 4.2

but when I configure base, it says exceptions cannot be enabled:

/var/tmp//ccWuEW6C.o(.text+0x12): In function `main':
./config/config.unexpected.m:6: undefined reference to `_objc_unexpected_exception'
configure:10902: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1
configure: failed program was:
| #include "./config/config.unexpected.m"
configure:10935: result: no
configure:10941: error: Your objective-c runtime library does not appear to support any mechanism to set a handler for uncaught native exceptions. Please upgrade your runtime or re-install gnustep-make without native-objc-exceptions!

something is inconsistent here?

Riccardo