Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31213 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenuVi

From: Doug Simons
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31213 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenuView.m Source/NSPopUpButtonCell.m
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:42:14 -0600

Hi Fred,

I apologize for letting this slide and not responding before. The changes I
made definitely resolved some specific problems that we were seeing, but
perhaps not solved in the best possible way. I certainly understand your point
about addressing any Windows-specific issues in the backend or in the theme if
possible. I just haven't had time to revisit the issue to see if there is a way
to do that. If you have reverted my original fix then I will no doubt have to
look into it again soon! ;-)

I'll see if I can come up with a better solution this time. Working with the
Windows integration is a challenge, particularly the way Windows has a habit of
generating callbacks into our code while we're in the middle of doing something
else, which I believe was one of the problems in this case.

Doug