Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31213 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenuVi

From: SPUeNTRUP - Kai Henningsen
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r31213 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSMenuView.m Source/NSPopUpButtonCell.m
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:43:27 +0200

Hallo Doug,

Am Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:49:28 -0600
schrieb Doug Simons <address@hidden>:

> 2. Figure out a more general solution for blocking callbacks from Windows
> while getting events. This would be ideal,

Surely those callbacks only happen when we call LRESULT DispatchMessage(const
MSG *lpmsg); ?

More precisely, the typical message loop looks like this:

    // Start the message loop.
    while( (bRet = GetMessage( &msg, NULL, 0, 0 )) != 0)
    {
        if (bRet == -1)
        {
            // handle the error and possibly exit
        }
        else
        {
            TranslateMessage(&msg);
            DispatchMessage(&msg);   <<< callbacks happen here
        }
    }

It's not as if windows does callbacks here without being explicitly
asked to. Presumably, you could just as well queue messages up and
dispatch them later, if that is more convenient. Or ignore them
altogether.

For Windows API docs, see around here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644928%28v=VS.85%29.aspx#creating_loop

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Münster /