NSPathUtilities and document directory

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: NSPathUtilities and document directory
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:32:46 +0100

Hi,

what path(s) would you expect when getting the NSDocumentDirectory for the user domain path?

Currently we get something like ~/GNUstep/Library/Document

The apple doc. is cryptic and says "Document directory" and 10.2 only. What is different from the Documentation?

I expected the users Documents directory (note the "s") and thus
~/Documents

it would have been clearer if it were described as "Location of user's document directory" as it is for the desktop. So perhaps it is unclear? By looking on the net it seems to be indeed the document directory in the user path... Perhaps there is no portable way to define the documents dir of a user? A pity because reimplementing it one selves is tricky due to localization. (Not that the current path utilities seems to care about localizaions)

Any proofs? Specifications? Tests on different macs?

Riccardo