Re: A question on discardEventsMatchingMask:beforeEvent:

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: A question on discardEventsMatchingMask:beforeEvent:
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:20:57 +0100

Am 26.01.2011 11:34, schrieb Banlu Kemiyatorn:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I don't even think we need to move the event queue from GSDisplayServer
>> to NSApplication for that. The difference between your and my position
>
> For that, what is "that" ?

"That" would be the behaviour you described above, which I cited but
removed you removed from your reply.
Sorry, I really don't understand this type of communication. If you just
want to flame, fine by me. I just misunderstood this to be a real
feature request.

>> is mostly that I see these extra NSEvents as a much bigger problem and
>> want to make sure that no normal application gets hit by that. What
>> about adding a compress events flag on GSDisplayServer that will be true
>> by default and settable from application code? That way we normally have
>> the same behaviour as now and if an application wants to flood itself
>> with events, there is a way to do this.
>
> I already asked you about full dragging motion tracking option in
> NSTrackingArea but you didn't reply that one.

Here I don't see the relation to the point in question. As far as I
understand it, NSTrackingArea is just a modern implementation of
TrackingRect. And as we could implement the later without changing our
event handling, we should be able to do so with the former as well.