Re: A question on discardEventsMatchingMask:beforeEvent:

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: A question on discardEventsMatchingMask:beforeEvent:
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:20:16 +0700

----- Original message -----
> Am 26.01.2011 11:34, schrieb Banlu Kemiyatorn:
> > On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > I don't even think we need to move the event queue from
> > > GSDisplayServer to NSApplication for that. The difference between
> > > your and my position
> >
> > For that, what is "that" ?
>
> "That" would be the behaviour you described above, which I cited but
> removed you removed from your reply.
> Sorry, I really don't understand this type of communication. If you just
> want to flame, fine by me. I just misunderstood this to be a real
> feature request.

I was wondering if "that" means filtering point or the ease of future develpment of multi-device-point-input point. Or both of them.

> > > is mostly that I see these extra NSEvents as a much bigger problem
> > > and want to make sure that no normal application gets hit by that.
> > > What about adding a compress events flag on GSDisplayServer that
> > > will be true by default and settable from application code? That way
> > > we normally have the same behaviour as now and if an application
> > > wants to flood itself with events, there is a way to do this.
> >
> > I already asked you about full dragging motion tracking option in
> > NSTrackingArea but you didn't reply that one.
>
> Here I don't see the relation to the point in question. As far as I
> understand it, NSTrackingArea is just a modern implementation of
> TrackingRect. And as we could implement the later without changing our
> event handling, we should be able to do so with the former as well.

because in my previous mail you didnt reply I stated that i want to register full event tracking using additional options in NSTrackingArea. If you dont bother reading them, I dont bother communicating with you either, now the real flame actually start here.