Re: Some menus in window don't respond at launch

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Some menus in window don't respond at launch
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:26:31 -0600

On sáb, 2011-01-29 at 11:20 -0600, Germán Arias wrote:

> > > The most easy way to get a functional menu, is don't display the window
> > > at launch time. And call the method -orderFront: to display the window.
> > > This can be done for example in -applicationDidFinishLaunching:. But as
> > > I know, this is the same method that is called when gnustep load a gorm
> > > file. Then, why this don't work when you configure a window to be
> > > displayed at launch? The odd thing here, is that if you configure the
> > > window to be displayed at launch, and then call the method -orderFront:,
> > > this don't works. Why? Is like if the gorm file set up something wrong.
> > > But really I don't have idea.

Today I tried my test app again and a simple call of method
-orderFront: on the window with the menu solve the problem. Even if the
window is configured (in Gorm) to be displayed at launch time. I don't
know If something related with this problem was changed on SVN or a
recompilation of libraries on my system have solved the problem. But
even with this, I think that the gnustep programmer shouldn't call this
method to make active the menu in window in his app (not a document
based app). This should be done by gnustep libraries. Or I think so.