Re: GNUstep, Google Summer of Code, and an idea

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep, Google Summer of Code, and an idea
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:22:13 +0100

On 28 Mar 2011, at 19:11, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> Hi,
>>> Like a native obj-c library for the googletalk xmpp protocol?
>>>

>> This was my first Objective-C project (XMPPKit).  It's been sitting in
>> Étoilé svn for several years and I've been using it as my only Jabber client
>> for most of that time...
>>
>> There's also xmppframework, which is a Cocoa framework that Eric and Niels
>> are looking at porting to GNUstep.
>>
> Yes, I have seen that framework. I didn't try to build it myself, but it
> looks full of dependencies, caveats, delegates... Others have that in C or
> Ada... it can't be so hard.

It depends on EtoileFoundation, that's all, and that's only because some things
were moved out of XMPPKit into EtoileFoundation - it was written with no
dependencies other that OpenStep.  It will also use the AddressBook framework
if it can (it automatically stores vcards from XMPP users in the address book).

David

-- Sent from my Apple II