Re: Windows Drag & Drop

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Windows Drag & Drop
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 23:09:01 +0100

On 7 Apr 2011, at 21:00, Eric Wasylishen wrote:

> You have to do some COM stuff.. it looks like it might be easier to do in C++,
> but the GDK implementation does it in pure C. It would be really nice to have
> this working!

You probably have to either do it in C, or use Microsoft's C++ compiler for
compiling.  Unless it's been implemented while I wasn't paying attention
(entirely possible), g++ can not produce C++ classes that have the same layout
(including vtable layout) as Microsoft C++  compiler, meaning things that rely
on the C++ ABI are not likely to work with g++.

Someone is working on adding this to clang at the moment, but the ABI pretty
much totally undocumented, so I wouldn't want to rely on good support.  This
changes a bit with win64 (someone at Microsoft learned to write documentation
in the last 25 years).

David

-- Sent from my Apple II