Re: Issue with regenerating configure.ac...

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Issue with regenerating configure.ac...
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:50:27 +0200

Gregory Casamento wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I am getting this problem even when I don't modify the configure.ac file:
>
> PS_CFLAGS$|^GSCUPS_LDFLAGS$|^GSCUPS_LIBS$|^GSCUPS_DATADIR$|^BUILD_GSCUPS$|^WARN_
> FLAGS$|^GNUSTEP_GUI_VERSION$|^GNUSTEP_GUI_MAJOR_VERSION$|^GNUSTEP_GUI_MINOR_VERS
> ION$|^GNUSTEP_GUI_SUBMINOR_VERSION$|^ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS$|^ADDITIONAL_INCLUDE_DI
> RS$|^cross_compiling$|^LIBOBJS$|^LTLIBOBJS$
> configure.ac:122: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>      See the Autoconf documentation.

This is due to a recent configure.ac change by Eric. I was advised to use
autoreconf instead of autoconf or run aclocal before autoconf (see the
discussion in bug #33741).

Alternatively, you might go ahead and copy /usr/share/autoconf/pkg.m4 to the
config directory, add it to the repository, and add builtin(include,
config/pkg.m4) to the top of configure.ac (which is the way things are handled
for ICU).

Wolfgang