Re: Error on cygwin

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Error on cygwin
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 19:24:45 +0200

Hi Fred,

you are partially correct, I had an inconsistent state of GNUstep: I noiticed I had both a version configured with proper gnustep layout annd prefix and one with FHS layout (I really dislike that it is default now... and dislike how it is set up). I had two GNUstep.sh scripts and everything double, so it was confusing.

I thus removed everything and restarted and reconfigured.

To get back compiling, I used your trick: I issued the compile command manually for that single file and renamed the object file.

This is the current stack trace (with "our" libobjc-1):

0x6ee501f1 in ?? ()
from \\?\C:\cygwin\System\Library\Bundles\libgnustep-back-021.bundle\libgnustep-back-021.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x6ee501f1 in ?? ()
from \\?\C:\cygwin\System\Library\Bundles\libgnustep-back-021.bundle\libgnustep-back-021.dll
#1  0x0060f908 in ?? ()
#2  0x0000003b in ?? ()
#3  0x6796a888 in _OBJC_SELECTOR_TABLE ()
   from C:\cygwin\System\Tools\cyggnustep-base-1_23.dll
#4  0x0061b0c8 in ?? ()
#5  0x00000000 in ?? ()

much less useful! :)

Riccardo

Fred Kiefer wrote:
You already sent this very back trace. The frame value shown in it looks
bogus, in most cases we shouldn't end up with an empty rectangle. I am
also a bit surprised about the name of the libobjc used. It is reported
as cygobjc-2.dll. This doesn't sound like the libobjc1 you claim to be
using. Most likely you made a mistake when switching to the old libobjc.
You will have to reconfigure make and recompile everything from scratch,
deleting all generated files before that.
I already explained that to you in a previous mail, but the only result
was that you left out the frame #0 in the next mail, so I could not tell
any more.

When I did that compilation on Cygwin I had a problem with gscolors.c in
back. If this issue still happens to you you wont be able to compile
back directly and will end up using the old version of back that links
with the standard libobjc of Cygwin.