Re: NSException.m: _objc_unexpected_exception undeclared

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: NSException.m: _objc_unexpected_exception undeclared
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:08:52 +0100

> What is the output of gnustep-base's configure ?
>
> While I was yesterday looking at config.log, I saw that:
> a) _objc_unexpected_exception test passes.
> b) All other unexpected exception tests fail.

This is surprising; the tests for the various options are really simple.  For
example,
the test for the _objc_unexpected_exception is --

extern void (*_objc_unexpected_exception)(id);

int main (void)
{
  _objc_unexpected_exception = 0;
  return 0;
}

If this compiles fine, then really the reference to _objc_unexpected_exception
in NSException.m
should compile fine too, and vice versa if NSException.m doesn't, then the test
shouldn't. :-)

I guess the only explanation I can think of is that a different runtime is
being used during the configure stage
and during the actual compilation stage.  Do you have multiple runtimes
installed ?  How do you switch from
one to the other ?

I guess it's hard to help without more information.

Thanks