mingw installation domains: system vs. local defaults!

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: mingw installation domains: system vs. local defaults!
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:05:51 +0200

Hi,

Fred's question about me having multiple base installation proved to be legitimate.

I discovered that I have gnustep-base in both the local domain and in the system domain on windows. The "new" one, the current one, being in Local and the "old" one in System, about from March. This explains also the message "source file newer than executable". it was not referred to Ink, but to the library.

However, I never changed installation domains and I still have in /etc/GNUstep/installation-domain.conf all system libraries in SYSTEM. I do not specify during configure and make time the installation domain.

Are we back to the nightmare were we need to specify the installation domain manually on windows? I truly hope NOT!

Riccardo