NSNumberFormater test fails [Was: GNUstep Code Freeze]

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: NSNumberFormater test fails [Was: GNUstep Code Freeze]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:01:11 +0100

That bug description is not accurate. When running the NSNumberformatter test program we only call setlocale() twice, once with "" and once with NULL as the locale. That would be supported behaviour according to the bug description, but clearly it is not.

I changed your test program to call setlocale() and now it also reports NaN (See attachment). This really makes me wonder whether it is such a great idea to use an internationalisation library that only supports English :-(

BTW: Is there a reason why the macro STRING_FROM_NUMBER calls the conversion twice, even when it was successful on the first attempt? I don't like the use of macros that much it really makes it hard to tell what is going on and code in macros never gets as much review as normal code.