Manual proxy configuration, how should it be implemented?

From: Ibadinov Marat
Subject: Manual proxy configuration, how should it be implemented?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 15:04:18 +0300

Hello,

As a part of my primary job, I'm engaged in writing server-side apps on top of
GNUstep.
First experience of using it on server's side was a tiny field-specific OCR and
it  was a success
in terms of both development speed and performance. So we decided to try to use
GNUstep for
ongoing developments. Now I have a need to rewrite another module (it's code is
obsolete for more than a year
and it needs to be rewritten anyway) using objc.
It places emphasis on networking. And there is requirement to manually select
proxy (HTTP proxy) settings
depending on a domain name it will try to access. I really can't opt out of
this.
So, here is my question:
        Is it more viable to implement necessary functionality in Foundation,
or to implement CFHTTPMessage
        (Apple recommends using it for this task) which is missing from
“corebase”?

Thanks,
Marat