Re: objc_msgSendSuper implementation?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: objc_msgSendSuper implementation?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 21:04:54 +0100

On 5 Oct 2012, at 10:05, Luboš Doležel wrote:

> 1) Why isn't objc_msgSend() anywhere in the header files?

Because it's only implemented on X86-[64] and ARM (and almost MIPS) and I
didn't get around to exposing it.  Clang will use it, however, if you specify
the correct runtime.

> 2) Could you please also implement objc_msgSendSuper()?

I'm not overly motivated to do this, because we automatically cache message
sends to super and that provides a faster path.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1