Re: display problem on x86-64bit / cairo

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: display problem on x86-64bit / cairo
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 20:28:22 +0100

On 02.02.2013 21:46, Fred Kiefer wrote:
Sounds like a plan we all agree on. I will make the DPS changes next
week and then start to work on the Opal backend together with Ivan.
There are two open issues I know about, font handling and stored
gstates. For both we need a solution before that backend is fully
working, the rest should be fairly simple.

I made the CGFloat/NSInteger changes to the DPS/PS functions. The problem here was that I had to do them a few times over. In NSGraphicsContext header and code and in the DPSFunction and PSFunction headers. And of course adopt the gui code that uses these functions.

And then I also needed to adjust the backends to these changes. I testes the cairo, art and xlib backend myself. I also adjusted the winlib backend but didn't test it. And of course I could not test each and every function.

You will need to recompile both gui and back and every application that makes use of DPS/PS functions directly. That is, when you are on a 64bit machine, for 32 bit machines there should be no visible change.

And again I did only fix the usages my compiler told me about. There will be a lot more that clang will detect and hopefully David has time to fix them.

Coming next: The Opal backend!

But don't hold your breath...