Linux+GNUstep to Unit Test Objective-C Code instead of Mac+XCode?

From: J B
Subject: Linux+GNUstep to Unit Test Objective-C Code instead of Mac+XCode?
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 03:07:35 -0500

Hello all,

I'm an 'XCode' coder, with experience in the Unix console. So far, I've only coded Objective-C on Mac/iOS.

I'd like to implement automated unit tests in a Hudson server on a Linux machine, but I'm not sure whether I can compile and test code that imports Foundation.h on Linux.

Here's my question: Is it true that GNUstep will compile Foundation.h, but not the graphical libraries? I think that would work, since I can't effectively test the graphical components with unit tests, anyway. GNUstep has its own graphical libraries for cross platform application development, right?

Any other thoughts about using Linux to unit test objective-c code? Is my plan feasible? I'm open to other options. I can purchase another Mac for Hudson/automatic unit testing, but I'd prefer to run my objective-c unit tests on a Linux machine, because of the difference in price.

Thank you all in advance for your time,
Sam