objc-load.m and dladdr()

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: objc-load.m and dladdr()
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 12:43:41 +0200

Hi all,

Can we somehow **conditionally** avoid use of dladdr() and Dl_info in objc-load.m, even if it means some stuff will break?

The code branch that attempts to directly use members of struct objc_category doesn't work with libobjc2 (since it uses private structure members). The dladdr()/Dl_info branch breaks on Android prior to platform version 8 [1]. This isn't too terrible; platform 8 is Android 2.2, but it might be interesting if we could nonetheless avoid it -- conditionally, and with a massive warning that something will break.

 [1]: http://annoyingtechnicaldetails.wordpress.com/2011/02/08/building-openssl-for-android-errors/
--
Ivan Vučica - address@hidden