Re: Fwd: CoreLocation clone

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: Fwd: CoreLocation clone
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 22:26:21 +0200

On Monday, June 3, 2013 22:07 CEST, Maxthon Chan <address@hidden> wrote:

> 下面是被转发的邮件:
>
> > 发件人: Maxthon Chan <address@hidden>
> > 主题: 回复: CoreLocation clone
> > 日期: 2013年6月4日 GMT+0800上午4时06分54秒
> > 收件人: David Wetzel <address@hidden>
> >
> > If so, how about hack into it and clone CoreLocation? As of now, we need to
> > hack out 1) using Google API (lots of NSURLConnection things, maybe my
> > CGIJSONObjects libraries can help?) and 2) GPS receivers on /dev/tty*

I was using google maps API in OpenGroupware, but the version 2 of the API.
Instead of connectiong directly to lots of GPS devices, gpsd as a generic
driver sitting in the middle could be used.

But as written in the other mail, better to just look at what Nikolaus has
already there in mySTEP.

Sebastian