Re: Extending gnustep-tests for .c and .cc files

From: Chan Maxthon
Subject: Re: Extending gnustep-tests for .c and .cc files
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 09:54:09 +0800

How about use SenTestingKit and CXXTest? Since I am building cross tools to build GNUstep code targeting Linux on OS X for Xcode 4.6 and Xcode 5, those kits from 4.6 sounds reasonable to use for that purpose.

发自我的 iPad

在 2013-6-17,9:50,Stefan Bidi <address@hidden> 写道:

I'd like to extend gnustep-tests to be able to test .c and .cc files.  The obvious reason is because I'd like to be able to independently test -corebase without having to link against against -base.

I had took a peak into gnustep-tests.in and started preparing a patch.  I tried to create a patch but have not been successful in making it actually work.  To be honest, after a few hours of looking at the script, I haven't been able to figure out exactly how it works.  I figured the run_test_file() and build_and_run() are the correct place to build c and c++ files, so I extended these (instead of trying to screw around with the GNUmakefile.in).  Attached is my failed attempt at patching gnustep-tests.

Could someone more familiar with the script give me some pointers to finish the patch?  I believe I'm 50% there already, but I just don't understand enough of what is happening in gnustep-tests to take it the rest of the way.

Stef
<gnustep-tests.patch>