Re: NIB loader: custom views don't draw themselves

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: NIB loader: custom views don't draw themselves
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 11:05:03 +0200

On 08/09/2013 10:02 AM, Gregory Casamento wrote:
> I'm not certain.  I'm currently trying to build Darling with the
> latest GNUstep in order to test.
>
> My current hypothesis is that there have been changes in how some
> classes are archived in later nib versions and the current code isn't
> reading some properties correctly.
>
> Gregory Casamento address@hidden Open Logic Corporation,
> President/CEO GNUstep Lead Developer

No, that NIB works too, as long as I use a native build of that app. It
just doesn't have a menubar - so there is a bug in the NIB loader in
this regard.

The drawing, however, is a different story. [NSCustomView
nibInstantiate] correctly creates a MyCustomView instance.

In the native binary, the initWithFrame: call ends up in MyCustomView.
But under Darling, it ends up in NSView. This seems to be the reason why
nothing is drawn - calls are not delivered to MyCustomView when they're
made from gnustep-gui.

When I add:

id obj = [c alloc];
[obj initWithFrame: 0];

directly into my ObjC loader (where c is class MyCustomView), it works.

Is it possible that there are two different selectors with the same name
in the system, one invokes the superclass' implementation and the other
one invokes the the subclass' implementation?
--
Luboš Doležel