Re: Cross-compiling GNUstep?

From: Frank Rehwinkel
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling GNUstep?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:51:09 -0500

CMake would be great.  LLVM/Clang already use it.  It can generate ninja build files.  It shows what it is doing with ccmake.  It should make cross compiling more straight forward.

And libobjc2 already uses it.  hehe

I tried working with those config files in base last year and found them very frustrating, refering to code and options that seemed many years old and unsupported.

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 1:47 PM, David Chisnall <address@hidden> wrote:
On 29 Dec 2013, at 17:09, Markus Hitter <address@hidden> wrote:

> My impression is, GNUstep make tries to offer a very similar level of
> abstraction at runtime of what autoconf does at ./configure time. What
> to do? Drop GNUstep Make and depend entirely on autotools?

I'd be more inclined to move to CMake, which has the advantage of not being a complete usability disaster and being able to generate XCode projects.

David