Re: Serious GORM bug

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Serious GORM bug
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:20:07 +0100

On 29.12.2013 21:58, Gregory Casamento wrote:
> Between windows or between applications.  I believe you’re hitting
> the same bug Fred may be hitting, I’m working on a potential fix
> now.

You might be wrong here. German's bug, that I investigated, was Gorm
specific. If you advice Jamie to drag between another application and
GWorkspace it may never trigger the same bug. It might trigger a similar
bug in GWorkspace if it has similar code to Gorm, but how likely is that?

And I wasn't able to reproduce Jamie's bug with Gorm. But then he never
gave enough details to be sure.

As you may remember German's bug did not include a segmentation fault,
which is the symptom Jamie is getting. What I would like to see is a
stack trace from Jamie with the current GNUstep code. With his old one I
was never sure whether I was looking at the same line of code. For me
NSWindow.m:4288 is in the middle of the GSPerformVoidDragSelector macro,
which isn't very likely.

I really would like to establish the facts before coming to conclusions
about the nature of the bug.

Fred