Re: Wiki (was Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Wiki (was Re: GNUstep.org website redesign proposal)
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 01:34:45 +0100

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
with German. The wiki and the web site follow different
purposes and use cases. We need both of them but should make sure
information is always presented on the most suited system.
Duplicated information is bad, as it will most likely be out dated at
one of the places. Let us all start to go through the wiki and clean it
up more regularly. And if we see information that remains static and is
important enough, move it over to towww.gnustep.org.
I agree with that. The purpose of the wiki is, that even if it needs registration, to have a large and free contributor base. News of other and related projects are welcome too. Most important news then should tricke to gnustep.org which is anyway more static.

The only other way would be an includable php component which automatically pulls in information, but a static section is perhaps cleaner.

Riccardo