Re: NSRunLoop state in GNUstep

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: NSRunLoop state in GNUstep
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:29:55 +0200

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:19:36 +0100, David Chisnall wrote:
On 30 Apr 2014, at 15:07, Luboš Doležel <address@hidden> wrote:

NSRunLoop supports distributed object connections and timers only.

It also supports monitoring file descriptors to support NSFileHandle
(the documentation says that this works by creating a new thread that
blocks and sends a notification on readiness, but no one would ever
actually implement it like that).

Well, this is basically how CFRunLoop version 0 sources work, so it's no surprise. Clever implementations use GCD instead of separate blocking threads.

My next step is to properly implement CFSocket with the help of GCD, as soon as I find out how to properly check for libdispatch in autotools-based projects. I'd love to ditch that for CMake.

--
Luboš Doležel