Re: Discovery from class-dumping Yosemite system libraries.

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Discovery from class-dumping Yosemite system libraries.
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 09:02:55 +0100

On 8 Apr 2015, at 20:53, 陈北宗 <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I said not compatible with ARC, I mean the resulting mix of CF and
> Foundation code will not be able to be built using ARC. However it will
> produce headers perfectly useable in ARC code, and the rest of Foundation can
> even be modernised into taking advantage of ARC as well.

No, when you say 'not compatible with ARC', you mean 'intrinsically fragile and
not compatible with the non-fragile ABI', i.e. not compatible with the default
compilation mode for Clang, or with code that exists in the same program as ARC
code.

Or, to put it in simpler terms 'completely useless'.

David

-- Sent from my brain