Re: GNUstep core release

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep core release
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 07:09:21 +0100

On 12 May 2015, at 22:35, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Fred Kiefer wrote:
>> Richard and I are planing to do a shared release of the GNUstep core modules
>> (at least base, gui, back, maybe make as well) on May 15th. Could you all
>> please test the current code and report any regressions. Up to this date we
>> should all stop to add new features and restrict us to important bug fixes.
>
> I would like to see certain bugs fixed or at least analyzed before a release
>
> 1)  bug #45032: [base] Bundle not correctly returned for Class in Framework
> which I'd classify  as a blocker

As long as this is ony on your Solaris system, it's hard to see how to address
it (unless you can provide a fix).
Is it a regression, or a long term problem?

> 2) bug #45081: gui and back do not pick up compiler setting
> Confirm my fix and agree if have a warning or error like now

I think your fix looks fine, and for the case where an environment variable is
used explicitly, I think a warning is sufficient (I'm a power user and am OK
with the error; since it only takes 30 seconds to reconfigure/reinstall
gnustep-make for a new compiler, but if it really bugs someone else then I
don't mind it being a warnign instead).

> 3) bug #43454: Problem with Continuous Spell Checking
> How serious is this?

I'm not familiar with that one ... will try to take a look at it today.

> 4) bug #29730: Build attempt when typing 'make distclean' twice

I'll definitely get that into base.