PikoPixel - NSInvalidAgumentException mutableBytes: GSCurrentContext Dat

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: PikoPixel - NSInvalidAgumentException mutableBytes: GSCurrentContext Data vs. MutableData
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 09:49:01 +0100

Hi,

I just tried PP on a different laptop - still similar setup to the one I already reported for the window positioning error (Gentoo Linux, WindowMaker, gcc 4.9, quite recent GNUstep) but with the libart backend.

The application shows menus, but before showing any window I get a NSInvalidArgumentException NSDataMalloc(instance) does not recongize mutableBytes.

The mutableData call happens in PPGNUstepGlue_BitmapGraphicsContext.m : 689

You want to get the object for key "Data" out of the GSCurrentContext, you expect it to be an instance of NSMutableData, but you get back NSData instead.

Is the libart context different from cairo? or are you instead abusing of Data here?

Riccardo