Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0

From: Dmitry Moskalchuk
Subject: Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 10:48:04 +0000 (UTC)

David Chisnall <theraven <at> sucs.org> writes:

> It is.  It's the personality function used for ObjC++, which delegates to
> either the C++ or ObjC personality functions as appropriate.
>
> I didn't finish it for ARM and do not currently have an ARM system to test
> on. It shouldn't be too difficult to do though...

Hi David,

I'd be happy to help implementing this for the ARM and contribute to the
GNUstep. I'm not very familiar with 'personality' mechanism, but I've read
'personality functions' section of the "Itanium ABI" document, and yes, it
doesn't seem to be hard to implement.

However, as far as I see, there are differences specifically for ARM, how
to do that. Could you shed some light on that or point me to the documentation
or code where I could learn about ARM specifics and implement
"__gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0" for ARM properly?

--
Dmitry Moskalchuk