Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: undefined reference to __gnustep_objcxx_personality_v0
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 11:31:28 +0100

On 26 Dec 2015, at 11:21, Dmitry Moskalchuk <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sure. I just mentioned it improperly. Of course, I meant
> libsupc++/libc++abi, since this is what used in CrystaX NDK for Android.
> Not sure about libcxxrt - what exactly you mean here?

libsupc++ is the GNU implementation.  libcxxrt is what we ship on FreeBSD.
libc++abi exists because of some annoying NIH from Apple.

>> libstdc++ / libc++ can both happily live on top of either of these and they
>> should all present the same ABI (though I think libc++abi is actually broken
>> in this particular regard).
>
> Well, I'm not sure about libc++abi right now, but we're going to make
> all this working for Android the same way as for GNU/Linux. In other
> words, if it works for GNU/Linux, but not for Android, it will be
> subject to fix for me.
>
> Anyway, I know that libsupc++ is not broken, so this would be the first
> step to do. After that, I'll look on libc++abi.

I believe that libc++abi is does not implement support for foreign exceptions
(though this may have been fixed recently).  The correct fix for this is
probably to persuade Android to ship libcxxrt instead of libc++abi.

David

-- Sent from my Apple II