Re: side projects and sub projects

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: side projects and sub projects
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 09:48:31 -0500

Riccardo,

On Sunday, February 28, 2016, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Stefan Bidigaray ha scritto:

I agree with you that the overall goal of GNUstep--the GNU project, not the community that enable the project--already has a stated goal.  I also agree, however, that the project is not clear about the "other stuff".  For example, GNUstep includes GWorkspace and System Preferences as officially supported packages, but these are desktop applications.  It also includes things like EC, Performance, GDL, etc in the official repository which, despite being useful frameworks, go beyond the stated goal.  Like it or not, these sub-projects add to the confusion.

what is GNUstep? I think that actually our SVN repositories are actually clearer than the websites

Unfortunately, that's really not good enough.   People don't want to browse our rather screwed up SVN repositories in order to get an idea of what GNUstep is about.  Browsing the repos is the last step to this process, not the first.

I deleted the rest of this message because this first statement of yours is a complete and total nonstarter which makes discussing any further points put forth unnecessary.

GC

--
Gregory Casamento
http://ind.ie/phoenix/