Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src

From: Giah de Barag
Subject: Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 14:28:49 -0400

Thank you Fred.

> Which version of libffi is getting used here?

I cannot tell at the moment because I have uninstalled 0.35 and am moving forward using the 0.34 where these problems do not occur.

> Maybe this isn't suited for the Intel Xeon processor?

GNUstep works here on Windows on same Xeon processors since eight years, and these problems do not occur with 0.34 installer. Do you mean in general or specific to the 0.35 installer?

> And could you please provide the config log section right before the crash?

I lost the data because I deleted 0.35 and switched to 0.34. Is there another way to find out the answers to your questions or do you need me to replicate these problems again with 0.35?

Note: 0.34 successfully configures, builds (make), and tests (make check) the head of core/base. There were two fails that looked like real fails (popped up panels on the screen, saying “[something].exe has stopped working,” suspending the process until dismissed), one in NSDictionary, one in NSFileHandle.