Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src

From: Giah de Barag
Subject: Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 17:50:27 -0400

A simple use-case that causes GDB to crash.

On Windows Server Standard 2008 R2, I install GNUstep from the 0.34 installer packages, configure, build, and install the latest make and base (using scripts/windows_build) with no special flags other than --disable-libdispatch. I build an objc tool with -O0 and -g. This tool has run on earlier GNUstep versions for a decade.

I gdb my program and do “break main” and “run,” expecting it to break in main().

GDB crashes.

I take the breakpoint out, and gdb does not crash and the program runs.

I build a simple C program and compile it. No such problem.

(I started with 0.35 but, as previously reported, it did not pass its own tests and was not able to configure base due to failed FFI test.)