Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src

From: Giah de Barag
Subject: Re: 32bit GS on 64bit Win rebuild base from src
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 18:16:57 -0400

On 0.35 installer:
make
gdb prog.exe
break main   # main(), not line number
run
gdb crashes
If both #if sections are disabled, gdb can break in main().
Can anyone verify?
Is this indicative of a serious problem?
If it is working for you, would you mind posting your makefiles? I am using a tool makefile with nothing added other than the source file and the tool name. I am using makefiles from 8 years ago. Where are the template makefiles for making new projects?
Thanks and regards.

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

#define GDB_BREAK_MAIN_CRASH_A 1
#define GDB_BREAK_MAIN_CRASH_B 1

#if GDB_BREAK_MAIN_CRASH_A
@interface SmartTool : NSObject {}
+ (void) hello;
@end

@implementation SmartTool
+ (void) hello { printf("NSObject Hello\n"); }
@end
#endif

@interface DumbTool {}
+ (void) hello;
@end

@implementation DumbTool
+ (void) hello { printf("Hello\n"); }
@end

int main( int argc, const char *argv[] )
{
#if GDB_BREAK_MAIN_CRASH_B
    [NSString alloc];
#endif