Re: GNA Shutting Down?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: GNA Shutting Down?
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 00:55:41 +0000

It seems like the wayforwsrd is now clear.

1. Github or gitlab master repo.   This allows us to still let people check out via svn if they so desire.
2. Mirror to Savannah since Savannah is gnu and maintain our presence there.

This seems reasonable and simple.  Github is our best option since we already have a mirror there and because we can more easily make use of the myriad of tools which integrate with it.

Tasks for me:

1. Find a way to add branches to the existing git mirror without causing an issue.  I tried this in the past and the result was not, shall we say, entirely successful.  I'll give it another shot.
2. Talk to the guys at gna about making the repo there read only once we have done the switch.

Tasks for you guys:

1. Get yourselves on github.

GC.
P.s. If I think of any more I'll let you guys know.

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 18:17 Tim Sheridan <address@hidden> wrote:
> We may end up receiving issues at Github as well, though. Not sure how to deal with that.
> Allow both Gitlab and Github? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Github lets the issue tracker be turned off in the settings for each repository.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Gregory Casamento