gnustep-webmasters

Re: GNUstep: Sources

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep: Sources
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 07:48:36 -0700

Andreas Höschler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got 3 days to check out GNUstep in order to evaluate the
> opportunity to port our OPENSTEP/MacOSX stuff to GNUstep. I started at
> www.gnustep.org and watched out for two links, one that leads to an
> installation instruction file and one that tells me what packages to
> download. I am trying to install this on RedHat 6.0.
>
> I found none of these links even after clicking around for hours.
> www.gnustep.org IMHO is still very far from being attractive to new
> developers. At least I got pretty frustrated and am close to giving up
> the second time. Is there any other page I should start with? What is
> the fastet way to get a system running?

You might try going directly to one of the mirror sites. gnustep.org is
set up to round-robin the mirror sites, but sometimmes this does not
lead to the best connectivity.

Also the i386 rpms are a bit behind the times, as I don't have anyone to
make them now (although the src rpms should be there.) If there is a
specific link that isn't working, let me know, but I think most should
really be there.