gnustep-webmasters

Re: cvs snapshots

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: cvs snapshots
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:26:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 12:58:00 +1200 (NZST) Alastair <address@hidden> wrote:

 >| hey there,
 >|
 >| i've been trying to download your latest cvs snapshots over the last
 >| couple of days (I've been trying different ones), but whenever I try to
 >| bunzip2 them, it gets all the way through to what I assume must be the end
 >| (I'm not sure), and then get an error along the lines of:
 >|
 >| bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.
 >|         Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
 >|
 >| using 'tar jxfv file.tar.bz2'. When uncompressing the core cvs snapshot, I
 >| get up to core/gui/Headers/gnustep/gui/NSLayoutManager.h before it falls
 >| over. Taking a look at this file, it appears to be totally screwed, and I
 >| get similar problems with all the other files...
 >|
 >| Sorry to hassle you, and I'm guessing 'webmasters' probably wasn't the
 >| best place to send this email... I guess I'm wondering if its my problem
 >| or yours.

There's a strange probleme with ftp.gnustep.org. Some people can't get the a
good file and some others can :-(
We thinks it's a problem with the route between people and the server but it's
not sure.

I've added a web access to the ftp:
        http://ftpmain.gnustep.org

Could you try and see if the file you get are good ?

Thanks.

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998