gnustep-webmasters

Re: newindex

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: newindex
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:45:35 -0000

Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm (almost) always for new things. Should we switch to newindex.html as
> the main index for GNUstep?

I want to do this as part of a "big bang" that remodels all existing
pages.  Expect it by next Friday, if you're ready for it?

> I figure people are going to flame us since it doesn't work on some
> browsers (Old Netscape, etc). Perhaps it's worth it though...

I'll add a trick to stop it breaking them too horribly.  That said, I
can't remember if it works on IE5/Win yet, which we probably want to
be at least readable in.  I think I found the IE bug (lack of > operator
for stylesheet selectors) and removed use of it.  Damn annoying.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."